• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats in your bag of tricks?

ryurabbit

NAXJA Member #611
I am trying to put together and pretty good emergency repair kit and was wonderin what you guys put in yours!
Rabbit

Actually man this recently came up, here's what was posted: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10541

Personally I'm bringing some tools, and axle shafts. I'm actually not going to be doing too much hardcore though.

If you want to do the hard stuff I'd bring axle shafts, u-joint's, and if you really want to get a lot bring a drive shaft (you only really NEED the rear). What axles do you have again? I'll have spare shafts for D30 non-disco and D35 non c-clip, hope nobody has to use them! (Especially me!)

Well, now that you mention it..

I have nother set of non-disco 30's in the garage (going to convert my disco 30), a spare set of 44 shafts, and two complete Dana 44 axles...hmmm..I need a trailer!

OneTonXJ said:
G, better bring 'em all. You're gonna need 'em if you run Hell's Revenge.
Hmmm... and here I was told that some stockers made it with careful line choosing..... hmmmmm oh well... there is bound to be local boneyards... and if not.. Sequoia you can bring me my D44 on your way up if I break mine :)

Kejtar

XJEEPER said:
Sean and Beezil...........stop freakin' out the Moab rookies!

It's alright bro...Even though I've never been to Moab, I've been around NAXJA long enough to know better than to trust the likes of Beezil and Sean!

Beezil said:
I will consider it my duty to personally spot sequoia through helldorado.......
Well... you have to convince him to run it first.... I talked to him last night and he said he wasn't sure what's he going to run as he doesn't want to scratch his freshly painted rock rails :D and when I mentioned Hells Revenge... well.... his voice kind of trailed of and he quickly changed subject LOL

Kejtar

Well, I might run it, I'm just going to have to look at it and make sure it's not much harder than the [red]fire roads[/red] than the fire roads[/red] and parking lots that I usually run. :D

In all seriousness I'm going to be getting there either Wednesday night or Thursday morning, so I'm just going to have to see about how much time I have.

Sequoia

Beezil said:
I will consider it my duty to personally spot sequoia through helldorado.......

Beezil........get back to work!!!!!

You're wasting time. :D

i'm more concerned about running these trails without a locker than i am with a few bumps on the bottom side... thats the beauty of used rockrails.... already broken in!!!
mike

Back