• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 e brake cables

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 8.8 in my xj and I have seen a lot of guys runs the stock xj e brake cables and just wrap the cable around the lever and use a Crosby clamp to secure it. When I tried this the stock cables are too short even with adjusting the cable block attached to the e brake lever. Am I doing something wrong or does this only work on some rigs? I don't want to spend a fortune on the cables from that M.O.R.E. And I have searched and found mixed reviews about using liberty, explorer, and Dakota cables. Any advice in the right direction would be appreciated thanks.

Crown has cables for 8.8 conversions on XJ's. Like 60 bucks for both cables.

Yes I trimmed the spring off and it was still short. It died to rig up something with some extra cable and a few more clamps but I didn't like the way it came out. Flexd do you have apart number? I'll try to find them. Thanks

Back