• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are yall's thoughts on Napiers fender flares?

if i was to buy any, those would be it. still on the fence of either making tube style, or just buying these. i like them and hear they hold up pretty well.

I would be interested to see them in person. They look like a quality product from the pics, I would just have a hard time subjecting them to rock use

I would be interested to see them in person. They look like a quality product from the pics, I would just have a hard time subjecting them to rock use
im with ya on that, 500 is a lot for something i'll probably destroy

im with ya on that, 500 is a lot for something i'll probably destroy

wow i just checked their site and notice the new price. they were 3 something just 2 days ago. i figured at the 3 something price i would wait for a sale (if i decided to get them), but i guess that WAS the sale price. i'd have to agree, too much for something you may destroy quickly. i think my decision has been made to make steel tube flares.

Hey 2stix, when you get done beating your head against the wall making tube flares, I would love to see what you came up with. Its the route I want to go, just figured it can't be easy if noone makes a bolt on set.

i have yet to see a bolt on set, and figure it would be difficult to do unless you make a complete kit with bumpers, side rails, ect, to tie them into. too many variables. thats what makes these plastic (or whatever they are made of) so easy since they can be bolted right to the sheet metal fenders and door skins. easy, but for what they are, i think way over priced.
i will let you know when i start on mine. not doing anything like that untill i get the jeep to run right first. fighting a low idle issue for a while now. about to drive this thing to the ocean and see if it floats.

Don't worry, it won't. Driven mine on the beach a couple of times.
I am thinking of using rect. Tube and using plate to mimic some of the "sculpted" bumpers they have out now. Already have sliders, bumpers, and a an interior cage. Would like to tie all three together with the hope of eventually making the unibody only responsible for the body.

rolling slowly over one with a soft rubber tire is not a very good comparison to rubbing one against a rock or something. that said, they do seem pretty tough, but not unbreakable. my biggest gripe is the price. i know machining a mold for plastic injection pieces is expensive to have done, but you can not expect the consumer to pay for it that quickly. seems they want their money back from the first 100 customers. i mean once the mold is made, how much does it really cost to make a set? lower the price, sell thousands more sets than you would with the high price and make even more money. just sayin.

Back