• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 cruise control switch

sflxj/srt8

NAXJA Forum User
I did an extensive search and have a new question.

The cruise control switch (leftside of steering wheel) was cracked. I could get the green cruise light on the dash but it wouldn't set.

I purchased a new switch on ebay. They said it would work on 97-01. After I installed it... nothing. It won't even light up the green cruise light on the dash.

In one thread someone mentioned that there is a different switch needed for 97-99 and 00-01.

Can anyone chime in on this? Could this be my problem, or do I need to look elsewhere.

I hate electronics. I wish I just needed to install another SYE or lift. That I can handle.

Thanks for any info.

.....there is a different switch needed ......

Truth. The years are 97-98 and 99-01.

Your switch module should have a Jeep part number on it.

Last edited:
it's the truth - that year split isn't quite right though. The years are 97-98 and 99-01. The only difference in the part number is the AB/AC vs AD part revision code, iirc.

I have a pair of 97-98 switches if you need them. Warning: I'm really bad about sending stuff out quickly, my place is a disaster (kitchen remodel, trying to fix vehicles, and my job sucks.)

that's not the part number - it will be 8 digits followed by a 2 letter revision code. 97 is 5600 7530AB / 5600 7531AB (right and left), 98 is the same except AC revision code (they didn't prefix it in the catalog with a # so AC apparently is compatible with AB, that lines up with my info so I believe it), 99-01 is a new design, same part numbers except they are AD revision code and listed as a new/changed part.

mine are 56007530/1 AB. I also have the harness that goes between them. They do NOT work on a '99 so I assume they would be the ones that you need. I bought a used steering wheel a) because I needed a new wheel anyway and b) as part of a package from a part out that had all the cruise control stuff. The switches didn't work, but once I got the right ones everything else did (which is what I was hoping for.)

I'd be happy to trade my switches for either a SYE or a lift :)

just sent you a message... they're not new but look pretty good. I obviously can't guarantee functionality but I actually got them from a member here and everything else I've got from him has worked so I have no reason to think that these won't as well. They're nicer than the late ones I got off an eBay seller, those had busted mounting tabs and wobble a little in the steering wheel; these ones I bet would look new if you cleaned them up.

Back