• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pacesetter Hunk o junk

Laurent Wagoneer

NAXJA Forum User
So my Exhaust Mani was gone so I decided to shop for a header. I have a Renix so only option for me under 250 bucks was the pacesetter. After research, it seemed like I would gamble on a good or bad product from them. I took the gamble and ended up with junk.
Holes for bolts that connect to Cat won't line up. Then the biggest issue, the step washers provided to make up the difference in hight from the intake Mani and the exhaust Mani. The hight difference is about a 1/4" on the bottom bolts. Pacesetters solution, get some washers, cut them in 1/2 and stack them. My solution for them, make the Flange thicker to OEM specs!!!
Returning this junk and going with OEM Dorman manifold from Vatozone. Lifetime warranty.

I know they are not a naxja specific vendor, but maybe this could get moved to the vendor feedback forum so everyone can benefit from the info?

Sorry to hear about this - Pacesetter fan from my go-fast days..

I have a coworker that went through the same issues, although he was finally able to get it all welded and bolted in. I would suggesting steering away from the Pacesetter header.

Back