• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has a filter minder and which one to get?

Realistically, I wouldn't bother with a vacuum based filter minder. Even on an NA engine, in my experience, they won't trip until well after the filter should have been replaced. Shoot, on one of the tractors Dad used to have, we'd use the water temp as the filter minder, when the filter would start to clog from field dust, it'd start to heat up.

Realistically, I wouldn't bother with a vacuum based filter minder. Even on an NA engine, in my experience, they won't trip until well after the filter should have been replaced. Shoot, on one of the tractors Dad used to have, we'd use the water temp as the filter minder, when the filter would start to clog from field dust, it'd start to heat up.

If you get a filter minder that is calibrated correctly, they are one of those most efficient measuring tools to know when the filter needs to be changed.

After calling the company, I now realize that I need the grommet mount. The threaded mount is for existing threaded holes. For example, my Dodge Cummins came from the factory with a filter minder.

Back