• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender rolling.

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
yes i know this isnt a VW forum, and no i dont want to "stance" the future jeep. just curious if anyone has tried it? i think a mix of trimming and rolling would fit a LCOG jeep well.

theres no seam to roll up front, you'll just bend or crease the fender... be better off trying to pull it. out back i supposed you could do it though.

It wont work... Like the information already posted there is no seam to roll

Coming from a background of owning a few severely stanced vehicles BMW e30's and e36's. Just cut the rear in slots and bend it over with a hammer and cut the front and leave it

Back in the earlier days of modified XJ's hardly anyone cut the fenders, since the tire clearance problems are at the bottoms of the wheel wells, not at the top. Most were careful of the wheel backspacing so the top of the tire went inside the wheel well, or the tire didn't get close to the top of the wheel well depending on lift and tire size. So, trimming was only at the bottoms, and the stock fender flares could stay in the stock location. Lately (a number of years) it seems the norm is to cut the crap out of the wheel wells right off the bat. In many cases that I've seen it was unnecessary and looks like hell. I see fenders cut up before the tires are even mounted and tested for clearance.

However, I do understand if you're going for a very low ride height it would be necessary to cut.

Back