• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the best place to get a Torque Converter? 91-96 AW4

Junkyard, used, re-man'd, new. Can't find except on ebay (and even then it's iffy)

I got one from Transtar rebuilt/reman for something like 160 bucks a few years ago. Haven't run it yet, is the sad thing... I scrapped that jeep, then went 5-speed when I needed to swap transmissions in the next one.

If you buy from them make sure to request that they actually put some packing materials in the box with it. Mine arrived just rattling around loose in the box and I'm really lucky the snout and pilot weren't bent or damaged, others have had the same or worse experience.

If I had an extra junkyard one sitting around right now I'd just mail it to you at cost. I have no need for the darn things anymore except as spares for my 98, and I already have one assigned to that... I'll check my storage unit tomorrow.

Checked my unit and I have a known good takeout from Skreed's tboned 99 XJ with 140something thousand miles on it. I bought it in january 2010, fluid was bright red and clear when i drained the trans. Pay most of the shipping and it is yours, I will be glad just to see it used instead of scrapped.

Back