• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwoods Retreat!

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
So in effort to try and start up a second event, or fall short and have a small gathering each year (possibly), Austin and I have collaborated and come up with a trip up here in Wisconsin.

In effort to beat the heat and beat any holiday weekends, we have chosen Friday Sept 7 - Saturday Sept 8th. Camping Friday night, wheeling Saturday.

I'm hoping this would be a good opportunity to get some of the guys that are close to our area to come North.

http://www.northwoodsoverland.com/

wisc.png

We would like to see 10 people (vehicles), but since they are indeed open that weekend, that's not necessary. Still though, we're hoping for a good turnout.

So, who's in?

Would be a pretty cool trip to do with some wedding moneys. Hmmmmmmm.

Dont count me in, just thinking out loud

A measly 10 hour drive. Hows the wheeling there? Pretty serious stuff? Fairly mild?

If we came it'd be in the little jeep on 31's.

Are there any other kool things to see/visit in the area?

Last edited:
If we have a group of 4 or more campsites, we will get 40% off weekend trail passes.

It looks to be about an hour east of my folk's place, so I might be able to make this work.

Have you checked to make sure they are going to be open? What I have been told is the only open weekend for wheeling is memorial weekend. Not trying to rain on anyones parade, just trying to get the info out there that I have.

IN (depending on my work/travel schedule.)

We may have spoken too soon. It seems their website isn't kept up to date and they're having insurance issues for dates beyond Memorial day (at this time). However, they plan to have a solution by then and we can continue with planning.

I will keep the thread open for the time being and hope things work out. If you're interested, post up and keep in touch with the thread.

Kim, what was that place you went for the fall colors run?

We can always go somewhere else if there's a place around that can accommodate what we do and have the amenities we require. And I'm speaking purely about camping and wheeling together or near each other.

Yay, a wheeling event only 45 minutes away. Will need to figure out if that's a work weekend or not.

I think Kimmer did his fall color runs at McCaslin... Sometimes I tune him out when he talks :D

No wonder why I have to keep repeating myself to you. :D A couple years ago we used to go to McCaslin Mountain but that is closed. The past couple years we have been staying at our friend Jeff's house, wheeling there and the pipeline. Some go further north for the fall colors on the forest roads.

See, that's why I said "did", that really is too bad about McCaslin. Just wasn't a 100% what you had done the last couple years.

I know! Apparently the ferry is going to a natural gas conversion which will bring their overhead per trip way down. I'm sure the price of the ticket will not reflect.

To wheel In northern WI would be super cool if the ferry across the lake was affordable.

Or if you even had a place to wheel that was worth the effort of getting there...

NWO is officially closed after the Memorial Day weekend.

Net time we get a wild hair to give WOHVA money, we need to remind ourselves that the organizations cares nothing about preserving existing opportunities.

Net time we get a wild hair to give WOHVA money, we need to remind ourselves that the organizations cares nothing about preserving existing opportunities.

Thanks for bring that up.....now.

Every year we donate to a cause, every year it gets hard to find a local group, if you have ideas of who to donate to let someone know.

Rev

Thanks for bring that up.....now.

Every year we donate to a cause, every year it gets hard to find a local group, if you have ideas of who to donate to let someone know.

Rev

X2

You seem to be a bit on the negative side lately Ron. If you have concerns please feel free to contact me or any of the BOD with them.

Dan

Last edited:
You usually start a thread asking Members for advice. This year it appears you went it alone; or maybe it's my bad I couldn't find the Thread.

I suppose I "seem" a bit negative lately. I am not one to post my life on the web, so you have no idea how I actually feel ;) Appreciate the offer though :)

Back