• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

responsible wheeling

chvynova-71

NAXJA Forum User
anyone organizing a trail run to clean up trash along the trails during wheeling? i think this would be a good thing to do. please read my post in land use issues forum.:wantyou:

Hope your not getting frustrated that 50+ people have viewed this and no on has responded yet.

I usually just bring a trash bag with me when I hit the trail and pick up trash as I go along...not really anything organized about it. If I hear of any trail clean up runs I will let you know. I believe there is an annual one at table mesa, but it may not happen until later in the year when the temps drop again.

It is pretty frustrating nobody has responded. I also posted in the land use area. No response there either. Its just a shame. I dont get to go wheeling very often but when i do i want those areas to be open for use and not closed because its trashed by idiots.
I am by no means one of the tree hugging save the earth types. I just want to keep the trails open so i can wheel.

I would help out, but right now it's getting to hot for a clean-up. unless you want to do something up on the rim. I will be storing my stuff up there this summer.

I'm not from Arizona, but if you start one yourself people will come. Tell everyone that you know. We did one last week, in a college town where kids shoot shotguns like gatling guns. We cleaned up for about 3 to 4 hours then wheeling for the rest of the day. Someone brought a dump truck, and the city took care of the dump fees because we were doing it as a service.

Overall we maybe had 30-40 people. And only 8 capable wheeling rigs.

Back