• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New battery fuses??need help

jeepcrazy530

NAXJA Forum User
So yesterday I put a new battery in and she fires right up..I then killed it and made sure terminals were tight and greased as I usually do I accidentally bumped a wrench and pop a few sparks...now she's completely dead no power what so ever....battery is fine, checked connection, but when I went to check fuses under the hood all could find was a set of relays on passenger side and one on drivers side..

From what I've learned 1990 xj didn't have a fuse box under hood just relays but after looking at what they are I can't see them having anything to do w this..any ideas? ????

Maybe a fusible link. They are near the starter relay. I#ve found the easiest way to check them is to strip back a little insulation with an razor blade, check one side to ground then the other side. Then put a little dab of silicon on the bare spot when I'm finished.
I never have figured out what the values are for the fusible links, the color is likley to be related to the amp rating. I've never found that info anywhere. Maybe Ecomike knows?

This may be helpful, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049346

Maybe a fusible link. They are near the starter relay. I#ve found the easiest way to check them is to strip back a little insulation with an razor blade, check one side to ground then the other side. Then put a little dab of silicon on the bare spot when I'm finished.
I never have figured out what the values are for the fusible links, the color is likley to be related to the amp rating. I've never found that info anywhere. Maybe Ecomike knows?

This may be helpful, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049346

Nice might have check that out when I get home thanks for link!

Also if anybody has pics of area I should be looking at to adress stuff that's awsome to I'm a visual person I suppose

FYI... If the fusible link goes, the Heep will start (assuming a hot battery) will will give a CEL for the generator. The link exists to protect the alternator.

FYI... If the fusible link goes, the Heep will start (assuming a hot battery) will will give a CEL for the generator. The link exists to protect the alternator.

Except his 90 has no CEL.

There are 7 fusible links on a 90.

There is a 30 amp circuit breaker in the fusebox for the power windows and a 25 amp fuse for the blower motor.

Back