• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About to redo My whole exhaust and have a few questions! Help Me out

zebvance

NAXJA Forum User
To start will I have a 1988 renix 4.0 jeep Comanche, and the exhaust is rusted out completely. I know my only choice for a aftermarkets header is the pace setter so Im going to go with that first of all.

Also Im going to put a cheap high flow cat performance curve on it too.

As for the muffler I dont know what to go with, I want a deep sound. I want it to be loud with out being super loud. From the videos I have seen on you tube the flowmaster is a bit to high pitched and the magnaflow sounds deeper. what would yall suggest? and what series of what model muffler, If you could attach sound links to those that u suggest on the older 4.0, so I can see what it will sound like that would be AWESOME!
icon_wink.gif

ANOTHER QUESTION.... what is the stock exhaust size? and should I run bigger pipe from the header than stock? would I notice anything from this? (sound,power,torque...)

I think thats about all I have guys, please let me know your input.

performance curve also has a couple of cat-back options. I prefer magnaflow. Can pick up muffler only for around 50$ on amazon.
I would go with a custom, mandrel-bent downpipe (with a flex joint if you choose, will help prevent f'd exhaust since its pretty much solid to the engine) in the 2.5" flavor,

Hiflow cat from summit and dynomax kit would be cheapest/sound the best. I have the hiflow ss cat from summit with a borla catback, nice mellow tone, 304 stainless but cost a decent amount.

I ended up just ordering my exhaust tonight, I went till a pacesetter header, high flow 2.5 inch cat and a 2.5 inch inlet magnaflow..... I hope it turns out goo, and Im wondering if I might even be able to see a HP increase from it. It all Came out to like $319

My thrush turbo muffler in place of my beat up stock muffler is almost as quiet at idle, it has a nice beefy tone at cruising RPM, and it roars when you open it up, but I wouldn't say it's loud. I really like it.

Mine's on a 2000 if that matters.

Back