• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ocotillo wells may 6-9 (i know i know)

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i cant make socal fest and the GF is demanding a desert trip before it gets too hot. i know that there are alot of other events going on in may and what not but i figured i would post up anyway.

were going out sunday and coming back wednesday.
i think were gonna be camped on the ocotillo side not the truckhaven side. ill be checking out pumpkin patch gas domes and the rest of the newb stuff and will dedicate one day to truckhaven/ training area proper. theres also a canyon i want to find that i have seen pictures of with sandstone walls that gets super narrow if anyone knows where that be id appreciate it!

cheers!

No problem.The wife and I run out there all the time.Lots of neat stuff to check out.Just make sure you carry LOTS OF WATER with you.Could be way over 100 during the day at this time of the year out there.To far out for me to know if i can make it, but if i'm open that weekend/sunday we'll run out for a day run.Check that site for day trips out there.

okay so the location for camp got changed to the ocotillo side not sure of the road name but hit me up if your interested!

There's some cool stuff to check out up off split mountain road. Just take it all the way until it almost ends, you'll run into a quary up there. Hang a right into a wash (can't miss it, its big), andfollow the signs toward the windy caves. You'll cruise up the wash for a mile before you hit the entrance to the caves. You can stop there and its a one mile hike to the caves, or you can turn iin any direction and there are some cool washes to follow all over. The main wash is surrounded by 100' tall cliffs, and is a pretty easy route. Ifyou plan to stop, make sure you have your adventure pass, rangers do patrol the area.

On your way back, hang a right onto the dry lake bed out there, and follow pole line for a bit, then turn into the smaller mud hills to the north. Thers some fun twisty turny stuff in there. Or just stop at the iron door for a few beers.... if they are open that is.

There's a really fun trail coming away from pumkin patch too. Too bad I can't make it out there that weekend, I know that area like the back of my hand...

I hurt my motor this weekend.Had a K&N oil filter take a Crap on me going down the highway.I'll buy a new FRAM filter today to see if i can get back oil pressure and see if the ROD knocks are gone.I think i killed it this time, but i got a spare motor i just got to install it. I have your number so if we come out i'll call you.

Thanks.

6-9 huh?
Not 5-9?
heh
I hurt my motor this weekend.Had a K&N oil filter take a Crap on me going down the highway.I'll buy a new FRAM filter today to see if i can get back oil pressure and see if the ROD knocks are gone.I think i killed it this time, but i got a spare motor i just got to install it. I have your number so if we come out i'll call you.

Thanks.
dang man hope its okay lemme know!

I'll be out there tommorow with a group of prerunners. look for this
269085_242295059130708_100000506461993_1042814_1612282_n.jpg

Should be easy to spot lol. I'm in a black two door with a red 4 door white yj and a blue jk.

the jk just bowed out ill be trailering my 2 door with my blue 4 door dodge ram hope to run into ya! leaving temecula at 8 am hope to be there by 10-11

Back