• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2-door questions..

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
1) Is it possible to punch the pins out of the door hinges without tearing everything to bits? I need to dismount my doors for welding (the hinges are coming loose, and I need to chew the paint off for a good bead... I don't want to unbolt the hinges from the door, it's too much of a PITA to set them just so again...)

2) In that vein, anyone in the Bay Area that's any good with a welder and wouldn't mind some beer? If not beer, maybe we can work something else out. I don't trust myself enough with a welder at the moment to handle this myself... I'm in the South Bay area.

5-90
San Jose, CA

I think it depends on the pins. The old roll pins are easy. I haven't done the newer type, but they look as if they would not be so cooperative. Either way, though, it's easier to punch them out if the door is off! I'd take the door off and go through the hassle of realigning, because you'll probably want to adjust it after welding anyway.

Back