• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another reason to not shop at woodys 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of new warn premium hubs less then a year ago and they told me to deal with warn directly. so I had to drive to their plant an hour from my house to exchange them. I am never buying anything at woody's ever again.

I bought a set of new warn premium hubs less then a year ago and they told me to deal with warn directly. so I had to drive to their plant an hour from my house to exchange them. I am never buying anything at woody's ever again.

Guess I don't get it. You bought a product from woodys that they resell and you are irritated you had to deal with the actual manufacture?

Guess I don't get it. You bought a product from woodys that they resell and you are irritated you had to deal with the actual manufacture?

The retailer should have honored the warranty as long as he had his receipt. Unless there's more to this story, it should have been cut and dried.

It doesn't cost the dealer anything to exchange. The warrenty is backed by Warn, not Woody's. For the dealer not to accept the part, they would be suspicios of being able to recoup the cost.

I'm guessing there is more to the story.

Another reason this forum drives people away...

It doesn't cost the dealer anything to exchange. The warrenty is backed by Warn, not Woody's. For the dealer not to accept the part, they would be suspicios of being able to recoup the cost.

Hey, you watch your mouth, this is a club, dabnabit!

Edit: in all seriousness, woodys is huge for our hobby, I am betting there is more to this aswell. I would still not hesitate to shop at woody's over other local shops due to their involvement with the off road community. They aren't all about the flashy 1tons like most shops!

Last edited:
It doesn't cost the dealer anything to exchange. The warrenty is backed by Warn, not Woody's. For the dealer not to accept the part, they would be suspicious of being able to recoup the cost.

That parts really not needed. :shhh: It shows people that the users of this club forum are internally troubled and could also drive people away. I really wish people would stop stirring the pot. It is actually possible to respond to a post without instigating and pointing fingers. I just wish some would show more restraint.

The snap ring had come off the back of one of the hubs and trashed the inner bearings. Jay at woodys said that he wasn't sure if it would be warrantied and gave me warns number. Warn told me that they didn't know why woodys wouldn't warranty the hubs. It is cut and dry. they are a red letter dealer and I wanted to support local business, but its hard to when they have such bad customer service. I can get things cheaper online and get better service.

What would I call them for? To complain about burning $20 in gas, tell them that they lost a customer. I didn't see a reason to call them. I wanted to inform other users and members about the bad experience that I had. I'm not the first person to have problems with them either.

The snap ring had come off the back of one of the hubs and trashed the inner bearings. Jay at woodys said that he wasn't sure if it would be warrantied and gave me warns number. Warn told me that they didn't know why woodys wouldn't warranty the hubs. It is cut and dry. they are a red letter dealer and I wanted to support local business, but its hard to when they have such bad customer service. I can get things cheaper online and get better service.

so once you called them did you call woodys back and explain warn would warranty them? im going to bet, no. looks like woodys was just trying to cover their butt if warn wouldnt warranty them.

dont see an issue here.

so once you called them did you call woodys back and explain warn would warranty them? im going to bet, no. looks like woodys was just trying to cover their butt if warn wouldnt warranty them.

dont see an issue here.

Woody's should have called Warn to find out. If Warn was closed, offer to call during their business hours. As long as it wasn't user-caused damage, I've never had Warn refuse warranty on hubs for my customers. It sounds like a retailer was being lazy. That warranty exists so that an end user can go in to a retailer and exchange under the conditions of the warranty. When in doubt, take care of your customer.

Your still here...

The only reason that I see for going to a local shop is the customer service. Otherwise you can buy everything online cheaper. If they drop the ball on customer service then there is no reason to go there. I was there at 12pm durring business hours for warn.

And xj00-01 do you own stock in woodys or are you just grumpy?

Given the fact that Woody's has supported local wheeling, I think that it is bad form to come on here (or any other forum) and bad mouth them without giving them the opportunity to make it right. Yes, they should have exchanged them, but you could have called Warn and talked to them, then called Woody's back and discussed it further with them.

Not grumpy, but it bugs me when people bad mouth supporters of our hobby. Be it MasterPull, ACRO, Woody's, etc. I understand your frustration, but given the situation, they should get the extra call back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back