• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front flare re-location

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
so how do you trim the front fender and simply move the existing flare up? not terribly sure how one goes about doing this, trying to fit 33's on a 3in without changing front flares.. back are already done but i ruined the set of tj flares for the front. i tried searching... but no luck for me.. i appreciate any help. pics are super appreciated
mike

I'm about to do TJ stock rear flairs on my front fenders(96 xj), The way I've seen and liked was you have to trim the back of them to match the contour of the front and then either cut them to the body line is or notch the flair.. It's kinda hard to explane without pics but google it and you'll get the answer you're looking for.

what have you dont for bumpstops? on my 93 wich i ran 3" and 33's i had 2 pucks per side, then mooved the flair so the top was even with the bode line, then cut whatever hits, to reattach you can use 1/4" screws from wally or home depot

I transferred the holes up a couple inches, cut the metal below it, then bolted the flares on with 1/4-20 hardware in the 2-4" range after drilling some holes in the flare itself.

They won't pull off in the bush, and keep SOME of the road wash from my gravel road off the side windows. The hex head bolts and and washers look good enough until I budget more for something different

Back