• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front fender guards

NCCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Before someone says search, my phone wont let me do it On Tapatalk.

I've been looking over these tube fender builds lately, lot of good ideas out there. I would like to build some for the next project that will be bolt on via a front fender skin. I've seen a few out there but can seem to find them on google searches.

I'm looking for something ~1/8" thick to bolt to the front fenders. I plan for some jeeptubes.com flares or similar, welded to the skins. This will all be braced back to the inner fender an eventually an engine/suspension cage.

I remember seeing a thread on here with a powder blue 97+ XJ with some nice looking front fender armor. Can't remember if he added tube flares, but I'm pretty sure he bought the armor rather than made them.

Does anyone have links to either threads or manufacturers sites themselves? Not looking for rear 1/4 armor as I have a few of those links bookmarked.

Thanks guys

$160 for 16ga fender skins? Thats less than 1/16 of an inch thick. How are the bolt holes countersunk? I'm pretty sure your tube fenders would rip right out of those.

$160 for 16ga fender skins? Thats less than 1/16 of an inch thick. How are the bolt holes countersunk? I'm pretty sure your tube fenders would rip right out of those.

that was my concern. 16g seems pretty thin. I was looking for more like 1/8" or 10-11g. I seem to remember there being a company that made blanks that were thicker.

I wish JCR would make some front skins like their rear 1/4 guards. those are 3/16".

Geez, I missed that part, may as well weld right to the fenders....

Back