• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY BOSS

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Over-moderation is bad for morale.

this "poopoo" has to stop. try focusing on things that get reported instead of swooping in and trying to censor everything you read. I fully support you but I'm going to be the first to voice my opinion here... it feels like we're being ruled by an iron fist and I don't like it one bit.

That is all. Have a nice day :wave1:

:eyes: :patriot:

motion to have a poll to vote on if we should allow profanity :D

The point is not to allow profanity but in any adult conversation some words are being used that do not get picked up by the forum software. There is a difference between profanity and vulgarity.
I'd rather see those than some censored replacements like we are in the 3th grade.:D:moon:

this "poopoo" has to stop. try focusing on things that get reported instead of swooping in and trying to censor everything you read. I fully support you but I'm going to be the first to voice my opinion here... it feels like we're being ruled by an iron fist and I don't like it one bit.

X2

Well said mike.

haha Mike said "poopoo" instead of shit!
This is the kind of reason I have been enforcing the rules. I understand the moderation has been increasing lately but we have rules for a reason and I don't want it to turn into a game. This is supposed to be a family friendly site. There is alot of profanity being used where it is truly not warranted. It is my responsibility to help protect the reputation of our club and our community. That being said I will back off if you all will be a bit more conscious of the intent of the rules of this site. I try to only moderate the ones that are more blatant and unneccessary. We need to keep it more appropriate for the younger folks who visit our site. In the den you guys can pull out the stops but in the socal forum we need to maintain a more presentable atmosphere. Many of us have children, would we want them reading everything that is posted up here?

Moderation is a double edged sword and somebody will always be unhappy with it. It is done with the intent I stated above and is intended to be completely unbiased. If anybody feels picked on then maybe they should evaluate the content of their posts. I will back off but I ask everyone to keep in mind that people's kids may be reading your posts.

I edited probably 300 posts and replaced them with <POOPIE> during my tenure here. Moderation isn't the only problem, its also the people posting.. bug them too, and find that shaded middle ground where your ice chest is sitting.

This is the kind of reason I have been enforcing the rules. I understand the moderation has been increasing lately but we have rules for a reason and I don't want it to turn into a game. This is supposed to be a family friendly site. There is alot of profanity being used where it is truly not warranted. It is my responsibility to help protect the reputation of our club and our community. That being said I will back off if you all will be a bit more conscious of the intent of the rules of this site. I try to only moderate the ones that are more blatant and unneccessary. We need to keep it more appropriate for the younger folks who visit our site. In the den you guys can pull out the stops but in the socal forum we need to maintain a more presentable atmosphere. Many of us have children, would we want them reading everything that is posted up here?

Moderation is a double edged sword and somebody will always be unhappy with it. It is done with the intent I stated above and is intended to be completely unbiased. If anybody feels picked on then maybe they should evaluate the content of their posts. I will back off but I ask everyone to keep in mind that people's kids may be reading your posts.

Well put :thumbup:

Folks,

The general rule is that if it can be said on the radio, it can be said here.

I see no problem with John cleaning up some of these words.

Sure, some may not like it but it won't happen if the words are not used in the first place.

:thumbup:

Oh Pooh, winnie that is...

Not sure I buy the kids argument. There is all kinds of disgusting stuff on the internet, if they are old enough to be allowed unmonitered/unrestricted internet access, they have likely heard a few bad words. I get that it gives us a bad image if its nothing but foul language, however we are more dealing with a "potty talk" problem in this instance. Let the one who never enjoyed a good fart/excrement joke be the one to cast the first stone.
How about a password protected SoCal Den?

Last edited:
so why isn't S@!% covered by the language filter?

seems like it would be easy to do, and then this wouldn't be a problem...

yea, you should be able to have s##t changed to something else with the filter. can't you have it changed to a little picture of a pile of dung with flies circling it and some steam coming off of it?
poo_emoticon_by_wrath_of_jupiter.gif

Oh Pooh, winnie that is...

Not sure I buy the kids argument. There is all kinds of disgusting stuff on the internet, if they are old enough to be allowed unmonitered/unrestricted internet access, they have likely heard a few bad words. I get that it gives us a bad image if its nothing but foul language, however we are more dealing with a "potty talk" problem in this instance. Let the one who never enjoyed a good fart/excrement joke be the one to cast the first stone.
How about a password protected SoCal Den?

Well then forget the kids argument. How about "these are the rules we all agreed to by signing up on NAXJA." We can cuss all we want around the campfire next weekend.. why do it here?

Back