• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to HO Parts??

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
Is the main difference between an HO & RENIX in the head & intake? Can anything from the RENIX head & intake be used on a HO motor? I have a RENIX motor that I need to change over to HO.

Thanks

The HO is bored .10 over also.

To convert a renix to ho you need the HO block/computer/wiring harness/intake/manifold/all sensors related to the intake/manifold.

You can use all the renix stuff if you dont want to bother with the computer and harness but the only benefit from the new HO motor will be the .10 over.

Last edited:
The head is the biggest difference,the ports on the HO are raised 5/8" allowing a more direct path and more flow. That is why the Renix and HO manifolds don't interchange,the ports won't match up.

The blocks are basically the same but IIRC the Renix cam is advanced 7 degrees over the HO. Some also claim the Renix blocks have higher nickel content and are stronger but I don't know if its true.

The computers are different,most of the sensors will interchange but the TPS signal is reversed. Also the CPS reads different so the flywheels have to be matched to the system used.

You can actually put the entire HO top end and sensors on the renix and keep the renix computer you just have to convert the TPS to sweep the other way and swap the throttle cable.

So then the RENIX block I have now, all brand new parts with 4K miles on it wouldn't be a good swap for the HO?. In my 93 build, its an HO but has 245K on it. Its going to be time for a motor swap soon. The sensors and all the computer stuff in the 93 will stay there. I figured the block is New, head & intake are easy to build or clean up. This gives me a newer motor.

That's what I thought made it work. Ok let me ask this, if I did a direct HO swap, up to what year can I do it? If I was to get a motor HO out of say a 95, would that be a direct swap?

Other then some different plugs on some sensors I'm not sure it would matter.the manifolds change around 99 but they still interchange. I would think that any XJ/MJ 4.0l HO would work.

I have heard that there were some block changes on some of the later years,I've heard on some its just a matter of tapping some holes and on others the place were the XJ motor mounts go isn't there. So make sure you do your homework if you look at a later non XJ 4.0l

I still might try and find a complete HO motor and just do a rebuild, might be easier that mixing the HO & RENIX

Back