• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wilson 1000 Antenna Ferrule

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
I lost my antenna offroad at Thanksgiving. I ordered a new one, but it didn't come with the ferrule. Does anyone know of a place I might be able to get one, preferably in the LA area, or online? There appears to be different sizes for different antenna lengths. I didn't measure the diameter of my antenna, but it is 62" long. It should be 0.125" in diameter. The ferrule itself is about 3" long, with a 3/8 x 24 thread on the end.

I have found a couple of places on the internet, but the links are ancient (2008). It almost seems the only way to get the ferrule is to replace the base. I'd rather not do that if I can help it, since there is nothing wrong with the base.

Tip - use a wrench to tighten your antenna!

David Bricker / SYR

Call wilson directly? They might just give you one.

Bingo! I just called their tech support number. Turns out the gentleman I talked to had a box of them on his desk, so he is sending me one.

I did find one online for $10.95, but the shipping was going to be $21.00 additional.

Thanks for all the suggestions Now, I can have radio when I get out to Death Valley in three weeks.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

Fixed it for you.

I really, really wish, but our Panamint Valley Spring Fling is the same weekend as Calico :-(

If someone would be out there the Thursday before, I might be tempted to take a gonzo run down there.

David Bricker / SYR

I haven't decided yet whether I'll drive out there Thursday night or Friday morning. If I head out Thursday night I'll likely just be messing around in camp / drinking beer Thursday night.

Back