• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37" Tires...Opinions

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a front D44 (spooled) and rear D60 (welded) and want to run 36s or 37s. Anybody have a lead on some good priced tires? I was looking at the military take offs, but after researching haver talked myself out of it, but I can't spend 1600 on tires right now. Thanks for the advice!

You can have 37" tires, you can have good tires, you can have cheap tires.......pick any two. :D

So I guess the H1 tires are really that bad??

I've never heard anyone say anything positive about them.

Don't go h1's . They suck unless you have a super heavy full size rig... JMO

Save your money and get a good set or you can cruise Craigs List for some sick deals. I got my 37x12.50x17 Kevlars with less than 1,000 miles for $800 shipped to my door :)

Check out Pirate's classifieds or Race Dezert as well. You'll see some good deals come up.

what size wheels to you have to run to clear your brakes/steering?

there are some decent buys out there if you can clear a 15" wheel. 17's are pretty ridiculous cash.

I have 17s right now and doubt I can clear a 15. Will probably have to go at least a 16.5. I have spacers and could maybe go 15 if I go REALLY wide, though, but they are already full widths, so don't really want to be that wide.

Look at pirate, I got 4 37" boggers on there for $750 once, very deep tread (close to new). They came from Texas, a guy posted in the "hauling section" that he was making a run, so they got a ride to Louisville for $25.

My 42" IROCS I picked up on Craigslist for 1k. They still had the tits on them, guy bought them and they were to big for his cj so he had to take them right back off......Had to Drive 90 miles to get them.

Check craigslist every day and learn to wheel and deal.
I have a almost new set of 38" boggers rear tsls front on 16" wheels and I only have 250 bucks in em.

boggers made my jeep sound like a bi-plane. that was the coolest thing about them.

I found some Cooper SSTs 37/12.5/17 with 65% tread for $550 but they are pretty far away...

Any opinions?

Back