• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why wont hose come out of radiator??

spdyracer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing my radiator and I'm having a problem getting the old one out. My cherokee is a 98 and it has the original radiator in it. I have everything disconnected except for the lower hose on the driver side. I got the nut off and the hose starts to come out but then stops. Whats keeping this hose from coming all the way out?

been doing some research and i think it has a quick disconnect. does anyone know if thats correct and what size tool would i need to disconnect it?

this is the fitting

P1160286.jpg

i got this tool and the smallest size is too big

P1160287.jpg

yea you need a quick disconnect tool, think the size is 5/16" but don't quote me on that. All i know is its the red one in my quick disconnect kit lol

yup-- that's the tool you need. The smallest one should fit into the bulbous connector on the line immediately after the bend. The tube with the bend will stay w/the radiator and the remaining hose will get re-attached to the new radiator.

Back