• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff diff cover

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
In looking at the RS diff cover for the C8.25 axle I notice there is an option for a drain plug. By necessity, the drain plug must be located right where an impact from an obstacle is most likely. Isn't a drain plug on an offroad diff cover a bad idea, or am I missing something?

I sheared the drain plug right off my RS cver on the 30. The drain on the 8.8 is still untouched.
If I had to do it over again, I would not get the countersunk bolts either, as the lip on the 30 housing has eroded to the point the edge has to be flapwheeled before removal.

Other than that, a great product! Stock covers would have never survived. Order some lube locker gaskets to go with your new covers.

I sheared the drain plug right off my RS cver on the 30. The drain on the 8.8 is still untouched.
If I had to do it over again, I would not get the countersunk bolts either, as the lip on the 30 housing has eroded to the point the edge has to be flapwheeled before removal.

Other than that, a great product! Stock covers would have never survived. Order some lube locker gaskets to go with your new covers.

I second the no countersunk holes, those allen heads are a PITA when the round.

The drain plug and the counter sink bolt holes are optional. The one I am using on the D44 have neither.

Back