• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-pull-it on Michigan St in Tucson Sunday 4-1-12

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
They are open 11:30 to 4:30 on Sunday. Gave them a call and they have 8 XJs in the yard now....looking to pull a steering column for my 88 XJ and a few other odds and ends.

Anyone else want to check it out?

you should have told me you need a renix column, i have one laying around at my house you could have had.

They have a comanche there also. I was there 2 hours ago pulling disc brakes off a 73 valiant and last week pulled an 8.8 from an explorer.

you should have told me you need a renix column, i have one laying around at my house you could have had.

DIdnt know I would need it till I got the new project home.

If you column has tilt, cruise and intermitten wipers I'll find a way to get it down here.

They have a comanche there also. I was there 2 hours ago pulling disc brakes off a 73 valiant and last week pulled an 8.8 from an explorer.

I was trying to keep the comanche a secret....in case it still had the tail-lights. Guess the cat is out of the bag now

I mentioned the MJ to the better half and she expressed interest in going to the yard. Still have to hash out some details, though.

Lucky for you, I don't need taillights :D

Prices seemed a little steep. No columns that would work for me around, most were missing and the ones that remained were even more jacked up than the one I have. Guess I will be checking ebay.

Did find a pair of MJ tail lights behind the seat in the cab (thanks bigalpha) but didnt feel like a steal at $50.

I agree on the prices for the taillights. Though, that's slightly cheaper than you will find FS on most forums. I could pull that from a comparable JY in Nashville, TN and pay about 35-38$.

Strangely, I paid only $5 for each of the fender flares from the MJ. The bumper was bent and there was no hitch or tailgate. The fuel sender was gone, and it has a D35 axle. Bench seats; no cargo light.

Back