• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 factory alarm

AFAIK there was no factory alarm. Key-less entry toots the horn with lock/unlock and the SKIM anti theft system only shuts off the engine to unauthorized keys or hot-wire attempts.

If you have an alarm system, there should be a relay somewhere that ties into the horn circuit. Disable the horn input (or maybe output) wire at the relay and it should be silent when triggered.

See this page for typical alarm hookups- > http://snowboard247.blogspot.com/2005/05/1984-01-jeep-cherokee-xj-wiring-info.html

It's a black key. So no SKIM. I was wondering if the keyless entry module had a signal wire to the horn relay.

Hold the Lock button for 5-10 seconds, then press the Unlock button on the FOB. Done deal. That's how I activated my horn chirp.

I had the same problem on my 1991 jeep. So i took the driver door panel off and there is a wire that goes to the key slot! Disconnect it a bridge the one that goes into the car and tape it. The one that goes into the key just tied it up so it won't be move all over...
That fix my problem....:woohoo::helpme:

Back