• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEV Progressive Coils (3" or 4.5") on an XJ

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
I have a light XJ, pretty much stock. I'm trying to find a coil that will give me a nice ride & approximately 3-3.5" of lift.

Do you know of anyone who has run a AEV coil on an XJ? I'm GUESSING the 4.5" coils would give me about 3-3.25" of lift on a XJ? Posssibly I have this backwards.
-R

OME ZJ 934 coils?

IIRC a coil labeled TJ will give about 1" less, for a ZJ about 1" more. This would be better expressed as a percentage but I don't have one for you.

OME ZJ coils are probably a very good choice for you. AEV, too.

Just my .02 but i would not think you'd want a progressive spring on a 4x4. Progressive springs are meant to give you a soft ride, but tighten up in the corners. For a flexy rig, you'd just want it to be a softer rate the whole way through.

Just my .02 but i would not think you'd want a progressive spring on a 4x4. Progressive springs are meant to give you a soft ride, but tighten up in the corners. For a flexy rig, you'd just want it to be a softer rate the whole way through.

In practice the progressive coil works very well. A softer ride in the short rough stuff is nice, and the extra spring rate on big bumps and for trail stabilty is very nice. We want to be both soft ride and handle big bumps, want to be flexy and yet stable. A progressive spring is perfect if you can get a good one.

In practice the progressive coil works very well. A softer ride in the short rough stuff is nice, and the extra spring rate on big bumps and for trail stabilty is very nice. We want to be both soft ride and handle big bumps, want to be flexy and yet stable. A progressive spring is perfect if you can get a good one.
Good to know, thanks!

I'm very interested in these as well. I'd like to have the absolute softest spring possible, but I don't wanna be driving a freaking pontoon boat around town.

Back