• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 truss uper mount question

Rainman

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,
I am the proud new owner of a trussed D30, however the upper arm mounts are about 2" higher than on a stock D30- this appears to be common on truss set ups.
I am running 5" of lift with RE adjustable (short) arms and RE drop brackets.
the drop brackets relocate the chassis arm mounts 4" down from stock.

By the look of it, if I put the trussed axle in, the bottom arms will be essentially horizontal, same as with a stock axel. however because the trussed axel upper mounts are 2" higher, the top arms will be pointing up, ie higher at the axel mount than the chassis mount.

is this OK?

or should I look at using the stock chassis mounts for the upper control arms and the drop bracket mounts for the lower control arms.

the tube upper control mount could be cut and re-welded 2" shorter, but the upper control arm mount on top of the truss at the pumpkin can not be as it is already as low as practical. Which I believe is typical of truss upper control mounts @ the pumpkin.

So, what to do?

You're fine, just bolt it up. The arms won't know the difference. :)

Really, it will be OK, nothing to be concerned about.

as long as u adjust for the change u should be fine. as long as you can get a good alignment/pinion angle you probably wont notice a difference. a truss is a nice piece to 30, what else is in it?

Back