• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX B+ Latch output voltage

Muad'Dib

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what the output voltage is for the B+ Latched output on pin B10 at the ECU?

Ive tested it at the ECU (B10), the Diagnostic Connector (D2-12) and at the B+ latch relay (pins 4 and 5) and in all places i am only reading a little over 10 volts. I suspect that this is suppose to be 12v but i wanted to check.

If no one knows, will someone please throw a volt meter on thier diagnostic connector (D2-12) and tell me what the voltage is?

Thanks so much

I tried both sides of the ECU adjusted per FSM spec (which states ~voltage not input based). Although i have tried input percentage based adjustment with no change except for shifting points. No hiccups for TPS range with Analog meter. Even tried brand new one with no change. Trust me ive tried most normal RENIX diagnostics on this thing.

Have you tried this?

Cruiser’s Renix Sensor Ground Test
Set your meter to measure Ohms. Using the positive (red) lead of your ohmmeter, probe the B terminal of the flat 3 wire connector of the TPS . The letters are embossed on the connector itself.
Touch the black lead of your meter to the negative battery post. Wiggle the wiring harness where it runs parallel to the valve cover and also near the MAP sensor mounted on the firewall. If you have an 87 or 88 with the C101 connector mounted on the firewall above the brake booster, wiggle it, too.

I know that you stated that all grounds have been checked. I'm confident you know what you're doing. You said you've done all the "normal" testing and were searching for some direstion. But, from experience I have found that the harness will not always pass the "wiggle test". There are two rather crappy crimps in the harness. One is near the MAT and the other near the MAP.

Back