• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector prices?

summit94

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to replace or rebuild the injectors out of my 2000 4.0.

Local parts discounter is $50 for Ford, $51 for Jeep; only $1 less for reman's.

Nearest F.I. services are for diesel only.

Are there better prices out there?

tia,

summit94

i bought a set of 8 ford 19# orange injectors from ebay like a month ago for like 60 bucks plus shipping.. supposed to give you a little better gas mileage and throttle response over stock... this was the case for me but it might have something to do with the stocks having 258,000 mi on them. look around and youl find something much cheaper.

Whether you buy new or buy used or junk yard get the 0280155784 injectors for your 2000 XJ. These injectors come from any Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth from 1998-2000 with the 2.4L 4 cylinder or the 2.0L DOHC (not the SOHC, the injectors are the same but if you want to pull them yourself from a junkyard car they are near impossible to get to on the back side of the motor). These are the 4 hole design like the Ford 19# injectors but have better specs that closer match the factory injectors. The 19# injectors are better for older Jeeps because before 96 they had a fuel pressure of 39 psi. The Ford 19# injectors were designed for 39 psi also so it works perfect. 96+ Jeeps run at 49 psi so the 39 psi injectors are no good. I know this because I originally got the Ford 19# injectors for my 97 and it ran very poorly. I actually lost some MPG and it lacked power. I swapped to the 0280155703 (same as the 0280155784 just different electrical connector) and wow was there an improvement! I gained significant MPGs as well as some power! I went from a mixed highway/city average of 13.5-14 mpg to 16 mpg! Highway I can now get as good as 18! I couldn't believe I could get this kind of mileage from a Jeep running 33" tall tires and factory axle gears.

Here is a chart to better explain the differences in the injectors and what year runs good with what injectors:
injector-1.jpg

i think im gonna start trying to look for the 0280155784 injectors for my 99.. maybe il get better performance out of em than the ford 19# i currently have... with the way gas prices are going it might be worth it to dish out another 60-100 dollars for a better if i can get an increase in mileage.

"Precision" reman -784's are now $200 a set. Getting pretty close to new price there. The eBay -784 link is for a set of 4, so I have sent them a message asking about a set of 6.

There is some conflicting data out there as to whether the orange 19# Ford injectors will work with the 2000 4.0, but I'm guessing an injector designed for 39 psi may not do its best at 49.

summit94

Back