• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T case input gears, that sucks!!!

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so in doing my 93 build, I had a 231 that I built & did a SYS, I did this because the build im doing ( 93 ) has a 242 and I wanted a SYS. Bummer is the 231 I built has 21 splines, the 242 has yep... 23. So I can eat the SYS in the 231, and go with a hack N Tap, or change the input gears, ( the 23 spline from the 242 into the 231.
If I go with the hack N Tap can I use the slip yoke that came with the SYE kit? Or is there another option I might look at?

Thanks

I have the hack-n-tap on my 242, been running it for years with no issues. It's a better tcase of the two in my opinion.

I doubt your sye came with a slip yoke.

Swapping input shafts is pretty easy, I would do that.

You should be able to use the yoke that came with your sye for the 242 hack n tap but dont all the hack n tap kits come with new yokes?

The 242 hangs down too low. Swap inputs.

I doubt your sye came with a slip yoke.

Swapping input shafts is pretty easy, I would do that.

You should be able to use the yoke that came with your sye for the 242 hack n tap but dont all the hack n tap kits come with new yokes?
All the kits I have seen come with yoke and flange seal. Thought if my yoke off the SYE fit I could use that.

But if I can take the input out of the 242, and swap into the 231 I will do that. That gives me a 231 with 23 splines and I can install it.

If I go with the hack N Tap can I use the slip yoke that came with the SYE kit? Or is there another option I might look at?

Thanks

I was just making fun of you because part of the reason for the SYE is to get rid of the slip yoke at the tcase=D Slip Yoke Eliminator.

But ya, i would go with that plan of swapping inputs!

I was just making fun of you because part of the reason for the SYE is to get rid of the slip yoke at the tcase=D Slip Yoke Eliminator.

But ya, i would go with that plan of swapping inputs!
Well played!! I meant the yoke. I still have not fount a 100% answer on can I swap the input from the 242 to the 231, seems for every 10 guys that say you can, there are 3 that say you cant!! I love of a Jeep build.

Back