• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which would you buy?

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
Which shackle would you buy? I have it narrowed down to a few and thought I would see how my fellow NWC crew thought about it. Rock Krawler boomerang shackle. Iron Man 4x4 fixed boomerang or adjustables, I like both. I am going a different route and taking off my relocation brackets which may be for sale as well in the future, though I havent made my mind up yet.

Rock Krawlers
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16189_8118.htm

IronMan 4x4
http://ironman4x4fab.com/Products/RLS.html

One of these three unless you know of another good boomerang shackle that has at least 2" of lift.

Last edited:
Andy's stuff is awesome. I would go with Ironman4x4fab.

just curious, do you have the v1 or v2 bolt-in relocators?

I'm leaning towards his stuff at the moment. Not sure, I bought them new back in August though. Curious, out of the two Andy makes which would you go with?

I just ordered a set of RE from Woodys 4x4. After I get them installed I will let you know how they worked out.

How about none of the above. I ended up ordering a set of RE boomerang shackles for one simple reason. I didnt want a longer then 6" shackle due to my departure angle. If I want more lift Im going to get different springs. So for now I am going to stick with the RE shackles. I really like the Ironman4x4 units. Andy has been awesome with replying back to my questions, and Im sure would have good customer service with a product. For now my order is set. Purchased them from Quadratec due to them being the cheapest at 109 bucks shipped to my doorstep.

I'd buy the cheaper of the 3...

something else will break.. and i'll need the difference the next day! LOL

How about none of the above. I ended up ordering a set of RE boomerang shackles for one simple reason. I didnt want a longer then 6" shackle due to my departure angle. If I want more lift Im going to get different springs. So for now I am going to stick with the RE shackles. I really like the Ironman4x4 units. Andy has been awesome with replying back to my questions, and Im sure would have good customer service with a product. For now my order is set. Purchased them from Quadratec due to them being the cheapest at 109 bucks shipped to my doorstep.

Not sure if you talked to him about it already, but he does custom lengths on pretty much all of his products. So if you ever decide to get his stuff and want it shorter, he can make it happen.

I asked but he didnt get back to me or simply doesnt want to do it. I asked him if he could make me a boomerang shackle that was about 7". All he was saying is that he isnt going to be making the boomerangs anymore, and I bet its because there hard to sell when there 8 3/8" long. No one needs them that long. 7" would be a long enough unit. Oh well, I got the RE's so I will see how I like them.

Back