• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Clips for Door Panels for 2000 Cherokee

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
I found I have a few broken plastic clips that hold the inner door panel to the door. Does anyone know of a good place to obtain them, other than the dealer. I've had no luck so far in find any. I have some white plastic ribbed ones that look like they will work, but would rather have a direct replacement.
Thanks,
Bill

If your referring to the plastic "push pins" that snap into holes in the door, I see them all the time at my local autoparts store. They're typically found in the "Help" section with the other generic stuff like window cranks, etc.

yes don't use the ribbed ones. they grip harder than the originals, looks like someone used some of those when they fixed my hatch latch previously, I busted the trim getting it off because the clips were stronger than the trim :( Hold out for the originals, and if you find a good cheap source/part no. post back because I might need some too :)

Take a sample in to Napa. They've got a book and the pages have actual clips bonded to the pages so you can select what you need.

Definitely try NAPA. They were able to get the clips for the hatch panel, and the oddball Metric plastic rivets for the bumper, for me within a day or so.

That book is the best thing since sliced bread. Before that came out, we had to take the measurements and match them up by dimension. The book is much quicker and accurate.

Take a sample in to Napa. They've got a book and the pages have actual clips bonded to the pages so you can select what you need.

You know... as long as you get some that will fit you should be able to use about any that work, and if they end up being too tight, just get the tool meant to remove them for like 5 bucks..Takes them right out, no problem.

the problem with them being too tight is that someone used some like that on my hatch trim, and the clips on that are not at the edge of the panel where you can get a tool in there to release them. Ergo, busted trim. :(

But that said, yeah, if you're just using them on a door panel, I guess that would be OK so long as you have the tool.

Back