• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wobble

ryan6838

NAXJA Forum User
So had death wobble at about 35 and when i hit bumps. Did all new suspension bushings, iro steering, track bar, ball joints and took tires off wheels inspected them and re balanced them. I got rid of the 35 wobble and drives a ton better but still get death wobble when i hit big bumps. Any ideas here guys? All i can think is steering box or wheel bearings. I re packed the wheel bearings and they looked alright and the steering box has a little leak but don't really have play in it.

How did you repack the wheel bearings?

How are your shocks? Big bump would cause a tire to bounce like a basketball...
How was the axle side track bar bolt hole? Wallowed out? Did you use stock or go back with the new larger one iro gave you?
You rebalanced... Did you align it?

Need new shocks, waiting on my jks shock mount. axle side hole is good, new ballistic mounts. used iro bolt/ we aligned it when we did the iro steering.

Think ill repack bearings again, go over alignment and get new shocks and see how it goes.

Not to mention steering box and unit bearings are only 1/10th of the list of things that can cause death wobble, theres a checklist going around somewhere, for me it is usually trackbar related. That checklist is quite extensive though, search for it using google with naxja added to the search strng.

I washed the mud out of the rims when I had the wobble in my jeep and it went away. Sometimes it is the dynamic balance of the wheels that causes it. Back when I was balancing tires at least.

Dana 30 Ballistic coil mounts and truss. rustys upper mounts. rustys longarms with rustys johnny joints. mile marker locking hubs. iro c gussets. spicer ball joints. wj knuckles and brakes. iro steering. iro track bar and mount. 35s taken of wheels cleaned and back on and balanced.

rears a 8.25 iro spring plates, mounts and truss. lockright. bastered pack 2 in shackles and hd shackle relocaters and zj disk

and a sye and adams driveshaft.

I had the wobble so built the axles trying to fix it.

Good luck man. I had this problem about 4 months ago..make sure your draglink and track bar angles are the same. That could cause bumpsteer throwing the front end into a wobble

Back