• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Lp r and p to HP

gird123

NAXJA Forum User
Can the ring and pinion from an lp be used in the HP? I read they use the same carrier. I searched and could not find the answer.

Nate

Nope, the gears are cut differently. HP is reverse cut.

Ok, so I need to buy ring and pinion, seals, and all the bearings. Has anyone found a smoking deal on all of it. I just trussed(homemade and re-enforce welded) a D30 housing 3.07 ring and pinion. <- very cheep with a spartan. I will be able to use my lp axles as spares. So for the price of gears and stuff i will have a axle with locker and spares. Heated the axle up to very hot then welded in different spots for about two hours then wrapped it with blankets so it would cool slowly. Seemed to work well.

I'm going to pull the cover and verify, but i think my 2001 xj has 4.10 gears. It runs about 2100 to 2200 rpm at 55 in 3rd gear with 33's. It is the auto so it should have 3.55. One of the p.o. did a lift, sye, bumpers, sliders, ... and maybe gears.

My first build is a long arm kit. So my plan is to finish the axle and then build the long arm and swap very thing in. I have all the brackets cut for the long arm.

So i jacked up one tire in the front and turned it 10 times and got 17.75 turns on the drive shaft. So that is 1/2 of 3.55 so I have 3.55 gears. I will pull the cover and check, but it sure looks like it is 3.55.

Back