• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd annual Northwest Chapter Firedrill Run

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna put this out now to give everyone the opportunity to plan ahead for it.
This turned out to be a really good run, a lot of fun for all of us.

If your Jeep has a coat of wax on it and you have a can of tire shine in the glovebox, you'll want to push the back button on your browser right away.

What: Ever heard of a Chinese Firedrill? Similar principle. We will be meeting at the trailhead and everyone will be putting their name in a hat. Whatever name you draw, you drive that person's Jeep on that trail. Someone else will be piloting your heep. The plan is to run up to 3 "easier" trails, drawing a different name each time.

Who: This will be a Members only run. Non members are welcome to join us on trails but as for the rig swapping its self it will be Members Only.

Where and When: Saturday May 12th in the Tillamook State Forest. Meeting at Rogers Staging area at 8:30am for a 9:00am departure.

Other info: If everyone can limit it to 1 passenger each, we could shuffle passengers too. We can discuss everyone's opinion on this, but this probably isn't going to be a good run to bring kids on. Usual vehicle requirements.

Who's feeling brave?

:viking:

it was this run last year that I believe sold torx on getting a late model. and made a few people realize that my jeep wasn't that bad!!!!!!!

If I have another rig by then, I'm in. This was a lot of fun. I think I laughed the entire time.

maybe... depends more on school than letting you tards drive my jeep

Not sure if I'll be letting somebody else wheel my Jeep or not, hope to get an axle swap in before then. I will be there though.

Ok after some talking about this over the weekend. The plan has changed. Meet at Rogers on sat and participate on the clean up going on and do some lazy wheeling. Then camp at lyda and have the firedrill run sun.

Due to life and finances. I will not be arriving for the event til sun morning. ...... Possibly sat night...... but most likely sun morning.

Is anyone else even planning on attending this event?
Kinda wondering the same thing.

I'm in if we have a few more rigs in for the run. It would be kind of lame with just two or three. I was looking forward to shaking down the Nail Salon at TSF for the first time (or letting someone else do it).

If you're planning on coming out this weekend, post up your plan. It's suppose to be 80 this weekend!

Im thinking of going. Im just a little worried about my jeep running hot. Whats the best way to keep it cool. Ive heard if running a zj fan and i see the hood vents. Ive converted to a open system and wired my fan to stay on but it still runs at 230 and goes up to 245 if im pushing it.

I'm going to be there. If anybody else is camping, I'm going up Friday night, otherwise I'll be there Saturday morning for the cleanup then camping Saturday night and firedrilling Sunday.

Back