• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to Find S8 Reducer?

Senior_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Going to be popin open a can of Chassis Saver & if i have this down correctly, when done & ready to seal it back up, pour a thin film of S8 Reducer ontop of the unused gallon, put some milled plastic inbetween the lid & can, & all should be good for the next usage... correct??

One question, where do i buy the "S8 Reducer" cause lowes/home depot dont have it, & also the can says to use "Antique Satin Black Premium Brushes" which i also could not find at lowes/home depot??

Thanks!

Only a supplier that sells Chassis Saver products will have S8 reducer. S8 reducer is probably just Xylol solvent in a Chassis Saver can. Xylol will work the same. Any quality paint brushes will work. Cheap brushes shed bristles into your paint job.

Last edited:
Only a supplier that sells Chassis Saver products will have S8 reducer. S8 reducer is probably just Xylol solvent in a Chassis Saver can. Xylol will work the same. Any quality paint brushes will work. Cheap brushes shed bristles into your paint job.

This is the stuff used to leave a small coating over the unused chassis saver IN the can to preserve it for future use correct?

Xylol thins and cleans up most all purpose oil based paints, including chassis saver and POR-15, and will help preserve paint. Automotive refinishing paints should use the exact solvents and reducers specified by the manufacturer.

Back