• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DB Offroad HnT SYE

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Just to clarify that I'm reading their webpage correctly.

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/featured/slip-yoke-eliminator-hd-yoke-style-by-dirtbound-offroad/

I can use the Hack n Tap with a NP231 tcase and I just get a stock front driveshaft for the rear. Is that all there is to it? Anything else that would be needed? I only plan on lifting roughly 3-3.5".

Seems like a pretty good deal compared to a $200 price tag for most other SYE kits. I'm not a hardcore wheeler... more expedition style

If you have an AW4, yes. If you have ba10/5 or ax-15 you will need a V8 ZJ front shaft or aftermarket.

Ok cool. Sounds like i'll be doing this to save a little coinage for other parts =)

Just wanted to make sure I was reading the info right before I bought something that wouldn't work.

It will most likely work out as many have done it including myself. Only think I would suggest is finding one from the junkyard in the best shape (mainly the slip joint) and just rebuild it, put all new quality u joints in it before you install it. Use some spicers or the Tom woods gold seal u joints, easier to do them all at once while it's not installed then replacing them one at a time as they each go bad. Even putting a new centering ball in would be a good idea so you don't have to even worry about that drive shaft for a long time!

Back