• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Intake Manifold swap- PS Pump bracket question..

CameronB

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 2001 WJ intake manifold onto my 1995 4.0, and have the PS pump, but the seller didn't include the new idler pulley and bracket.

So... from what year jeep can I get the proper idler pulley and bracket?

I've searched, but am not clear if '96+ has the correct one, or if I need one from '99+.

Thanks

It's needed to swap in the new style intake manifold and ps pump.

Q: Is my serpentine belt going to fit this new routing, or will I need one from a '96+ model?

If I can recall It is shaped different and provides better flow and better power... Maybe :dunno: lol

I would say that if you are going to be relocating the ps pump then the length will be different and I would say more then likely, so long as everything else is in the same location in comparison to your motor.

The WJ PS pump has the same flow rating, 2.8Ggpm but it is a 1950psi pump vs our 1450psi pump.

Leastways that's what the documentation I have found claims...

If you have a 95 and earlier you will probably need to eliminate the idler on the ac comp bracket. I did, and switched to the 96 and later belt size and routing. YMMV, I am not too clear on all the belt routing year splits yet.

If you have a 95 and earlier you will probably need to eliminate the idler on the ac comp bracket. I did, and switched to the 96 and later belt size and routing. YMMV, I am not too clear on all the belt routing year splits yet.

yea, you need to use the 96-02 routing/idler setup and eliminate the idler from the old routing. the splits are 87-95, 96-02, and 03-06.

Good information, thanks.

I just ordered a gates serp. belt from Napa for a 1998, for $36.
Finally sourced a bracket/idler pulley for $25, and tomorrow I should be in business!

And yes, I had planned on eliminating the existing '95 idler pulley from the system, and look forward to the easier adjustment found on the '96+ :sunshine:

Back