• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 xj sbc

Xjpride

NAXJA Forum User
Well im still pretty new to the forum... i post a while back about a fuel pump question and just recently got back to working on the jeep i orignally was going to use a t18 stock tcas combo but needed a little more road manners so i went with a 700r4. So as it sits right now i have the motor and trans all bolted in minus the crossmember till i get the tcase back together and in. have my wiring gutted and harness ready to go back in and start hooking and plumbing everything in.

parts used:
Novak mounts modified to lift 1/2 inch to clear my headers
ceramic block huggers
new flexplate
1800-2200 stall torque convertor
lokar auto tranny shifter

I will also be ordering novaks radiator 3core and will be running dual electric fans i dont have any pics to post at the moment but will take some this weekend amd try to figure how to post the.

so let me know what you think so far and any input or idea that i could ad to the build thanks guys.

100_2750.jpg

Go for it

Haha alright ill see if i can get some pics up tomorrow i work midnights so ill figure it out after work larsen yours looks identical to what im goin for are those napier flares? Looks just like mine but mines all black also im ordering km2s are those 10 or 12 wide?

Haha alright ill see if i can get some pics up tomorrow i work midnights so ill figure it out after work larsen yours looks identical to what im goin for are those napier flares? Looks just like mine but mines all black also im ordering km2s are those 10 or 12 wide?
Bushwhacker flares and 33x12.50s on 15x10 wheels with 3.75" backspace.

IMG125.jpg

IMG124.jpg

IMG123.jpg

IMG122.jpg

IMG121.jpg

IMG120.jpg

IMG119.jpg

alright first shot on posting pics so i hope it works.
also take it easy on me guys i know its a work in progress and dont forget it sat as a shell for a year and towed to my new house.
My garage is a mess the truck next to my jeep is my 67 chevy short box stepside that is where i got the 350 for the jeep. i needed to remove the engine so i can put my newly rebuilt 454 in it so i figured i would just move it one slot over and drop it into my jeep lol.

These are just a old set of 33s i had to role it around since i sold the 31 bfg mts that were originally on it. ihave some pics of it the day i got it and ill see if i can find them.
if you have any questions or want more pics let me know.

100_2750.jpg

Go for it

And, do not forget the upside down grille!

Well this weekend I finally buttoned up the Jeep to drive it out of the garage for everyone that disagrees with the SBC swap I wouldn't listen its a lot of work but I couldn't be more happy with the way it runs and drives.
IMG221.jpg
IMG219.jpg

Hmm, I got an LT1 in my 96 Roadmaster . It would be a riot in my Xj , but woulnd Axel breakge and other carnage be that much easier to happen ?

I have the 8.25 rear and d30 front and plan to swap bigger in eventually as the projects never end with a Jeep haha and yes I know that no one like Thornbirds as I have had bad luck before but for the price I got them for brand new I couldn't resist for a aggressive look as I wont have it off road that much.

It works without a computer or a battery. "Backwards" is a state of mind not a reality. Try having some fun with hobby. My Jeep is faster than yours.
Sometimes simpler is better. Mine also has a carb and I like it.

Where'd ya get that front bumper?

I guess it depends on intended terrain. Out here, carbs suck. My brother had a carbed S10 Blazer and it stalled out whenever he got a little tipsy. He also has an S15 Jimmy that was a couple years newer with the injected 4.3 and it went everywhere that Blazer couldn't while never skipping a beat due to being off-camber. Both were essentially stock, and were wheeled on the exact same terrain and even wheels/tires. He swapped them from the Jimmy to the Blazer and back. :D

Back