• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Standard XJ Alloy rim backspacing?

rusty577

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to fit Maxxis 31x10.5r15 762 Bighorns to standard limited 15x7 alloys.

ALY01513U.jpg

From what I have been reading on the net standard xj rim backspacing is 5.25" is that the same between sport and limited rims?

Will this backspacing work with the tyres? I know I will have to do some trimming at the front to allow full flex as I plan to run disconnected off road.

Anyone got any pics of limited alloys with 31x10.5 fitted?

Thanks

From what I have been reading on the net standard xj rim backspacing is 5.25" is that the same between sport and limited rims?

Yes.

Will this backspacing work with the tyres? I know I will have to do some trimming at the front to allow full flex as I plan to run disconnected off road.

You'll probably have a few issues to deal with, depending on the real world size of the tire. The tires will probably contact the control arms on the street when turning at full lock. You can adjust the steering stops to prevent a certain amount, but sacrifice turning radius.

Offroad, it could hit various parts of the inner fender. Extending bumpstops, steeering stops, trimming sheetmetal or some combination of that should take care of the problem.

Forgot to mention I have a RC 3" lift with there aftermarket LCA's

Hopefully they wont rub to much but if I need to add spacers in the steering stop I can deal with that.

Where exactly will it rub in the arch. I plan on following gojeeps trimming guide for the flares. Where else will it rub?

With the aftermarket LCA's, you shouldn't rub them. Pretty much as long as you trim the fender and your wheels are centered in your wheel well you should be fin. If you bumpstop you wont hit the inner fender liner. For the rear you will probably need extended bumpstops to prevent from rubbing the tub as well.

Back