• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake adapter

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a thread that has an adapter on a renix throttle body to convert to an h.o. Style intake tube. I can't find it anywhere. Pretty much it was a machined piece that eliminates the the renix intake with the 3 torx bolts. Anyone know where I can find it?

These guys make a intake for the renix that comes with the adapter (if you enlarge the picture you can see the adapter). It's not listed seperately on their site, or at least I can't find it, but maybe if you call them they will sell just the adapter to you.

he is probably trying to do a "cold air" intake out of the fittings at autozone or oriellys that has all the elbows and junk

In the grand scheme of things, building your own adapter is not difficult. In 2000, I made one to adapt the 68mm TB from the 4.7 V-8 to the intake on my 4.7 stroked 98. I also updated the manifold at the same time. Used a piece of 1/2" aluminium. I had to go the same way, four fasteners for the manifold and three for the TB...

All you need is a compass, a protractor and a ton of patience. The aluminium can be cut with a sabre saw. Take your time.

What are you trying to accomplish?

It seems that there are a lot more options for intake with the Ho style throttle body. I don't want to go through the hassle of swapping in a Ho TB just want the options the Ho guys get. And no I'm not doing an oreilly special so keep you bs to yourself. I was just curious about a part I saw. I'm tired of clicking on a part the says 91+ only.

Oh and just for the hell of it I want whtever I do to be street legal, CARB approved. So I don't think oreilly will fit the bill.

And no I'm not doing an oreilly special so keep you bs to yourself.

Why so serious :p

I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to be a d!ck. ;)

Oh and just for the hell of it I want whtever I do to be street legal, CARB approved. So I don't think oreilly will fit the bill.

Why not just run what ever you can find that fits and use your stock box when it comes to smogging it? Seems that would be pretty simple and less complicated.

On mine the stock hose is used along with a K&N filter and a 2.5" piece of aluminum tube that fits into the stock tube. Ill snap some pics for you later so you see what it is that I have. Not sure on whether or not that set up is Carb legal but it works and have never been hassled over it.

It seems that there are a lot more options for intake with the Ho style throttle body. I don't want to go through the hassle of swapping in a Ho TB just want the options the Ho guys get. And no I'm not doing an oreilly special so keep you bs to yourself. I was just curious about a part I saw. I'm tired of clicking on a part the says 91+ only.
wasnt bein a d!ck, calm down haha. It was a logical guess based on the availability of fittings and the such for the HO style throttle body. :gee:

put an HO intake on it, use an HO throttle body, and get the hesco piece that lets you run your renix TPS on the HO throttle body. that's what we did on the team NAXJA KOH rig.

I have a couple of HO intakes laying around if you need one.

If you want to be carb legal, that adapter won't do it for you.

Better off to run a bored renix throttle body.

Endless mountain fab makes it, not advertised anymore, possibly not in production but worth a call, I read the write up a week or so ago

I am going to run a bored throttle body from stroked jeep.com. I just wanted to get rid of the stock air box and do a cleaner air intake kit. Maybe a cowl snorkel or a k&n that is carb legal. I'm going for a clean look under the hood and I would like to geta a little better performance. If not HP than a little better throttle response. Id like to ditch the paper filters and get a hiflow filter with a pre charger on it. I know k&n get blasted a lot but I run them on my sand rail in glamis and dumont and they work great for me. Is there any reason othe than smog issues to use the stock box? Boost it would be nice to see what you're using. Thanks

Grimm if you have time can you pm me what you did to make it all work and what pieces and parts you used. That would be sweet.

I made my adapter. I have two renix era jeeps. Wanted a cold air style intake and couldnt see spending the cash. It's easy and quick if you can weld. I used the metal plate that holds down the renix air tube to the throttle body. I used an exhaust adapter of the right size for the cold air intake tube. I cut a triangle out where the plate needed it and welding on a couple small pieces to bring it out to the plate. Look at the plate and you will see the spot I am talking about. It's quick and easy once you see it in your head.

Pics? And I'm curious to know what you guys do with the vacuum lines that connect to the air box once you remove it.

I hope to have the spacer/adapter programmed and to cut one on my CNC within a month or so. I also am working on either adapting the Renix TPS to the HO throttle body or I have my eye on a different TPS that might work. If neither of those work, I may whip up an electrical converter that will allow the HO TPS to be used on the Renix electronics.

Back