• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Spacers

dobesrgrt

NAXJA Forum User
Replaced lower Control arm bushings today and noticed there is a 1/8 inch gap on each side between the bushing and the body bracket.

I used Moog problem solver bushings.

This is on a stock 99 sport ( No Lift ).

Should I put some washers in there to take up the Gap ?

The new Bushings are the same size as the old.

look closely with a good flashlight before you do any thing-- I've found that the bushing is often slightly narrower than the sleeve for the bolt when new. See if the sleeve is captured on both sides by the pocket. If it is, run it as installed and you'll be fine.

Those on the Rusty's LCA's I am using had about the same amount of space yours have. I used washers to fill the gap. They were/are actually narrower than the OEM's I replaced.

No the sleeve is not captured by the bracket.

I'm going to put washers in to fill the gap as suggested.

I can't believe how much play is in the bolts and bushing sleeves.

Going with 9/16" and 7/16" bolts.

there should be an alignment "shoe" in there as well-- allows for positive adjustment fore and aft of the arm with a means to bolt it solidly against shims. Does yours still have that in there too?

there should be an alignment "shoe" in there as well-- allows for positive adjustment fore and aft of the arm with a means to bolt it solidly against shims. Does yours still have that in there too?

Yes, they are still there in the body mount.

It's just the front lower axle bushing mounts, not the body mount one.

Is the torque different on the axle mounts than the body mounts ?

I torqued the axle at 85 and the body mounts at 130 ft.lbs.

Maybe that's the problem.

Is this the correct torque specs ?

Back