• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ no runny!

Rebel Customs

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy guys/gals, im new to the forum and couldnt find an intro section so lets just get down to it i guess haha. I just purchased a 1991 XJ with the 4.0L auto/231 and alot of other stuff but im having a running issue.

I just got out of the mudd drag world and into rock crawling and the lead foot still follows me because its in my blood so naturally it gets beat on. When im in the throttle or just running around in 4L at like 3,000 rpm for a while it will start running like shit. Sounds like fuel starvation because you can put it in neutral and it wont go more than 2,000 rpm max. If you shut it off for like a minute and fire it up it will bounce off the rev limiter so i dont know what to do. Ive tried new fuel pumps, fuel filter and thats about it for now. Any sudjestions? Its got the newer style injection (not the renix). Ive been told everything from TPS to crank sensor to fuel pressure regulator. Was wondering if yall could shed any light it... Thanks :helpme:

Back