• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measurement of a stock tie rod

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know the length of a stock tie rod. Im building a custom tie rod for a buddy, but I dont have any way to measure the length of it as I run a crossover set up, as well as all my buddys around here to. I just need to know the length from center of bolt to center of bolt, so I know how short to cut down the DOM.

when you say center of bolt you mean the stud in the TRE? I can get you that measurement tonight, I have a bone stock XJ with a straight tie rod. Keep in mind that it will get longer with a lift, but not by much (presumably if you need it longer than the range of adjustment you're going to be using a non-stock steering setup anyway)

That would be awesome man. And yes the center of the stud to center of the stud. Bone stock would be awesome. I just need a idea how short to cut the DOM. I know it will get longer. I just need a in the ballpark idea.

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, it started raining after I posted... anyway it appears to be just about 42 inches even. hope this helps. I figured you knew what you were doing but it never hurts to mention stuff. I measured zerk to zerk as that was easier to line up than stud to stud.

Back