• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hell's revenge...

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
how hellish is it and how much revenge will it want to extract on my XJ? I got the dvd's that Troy made... and I wanna check that trail out :D

My XJ has 31" BFG AT tires (in pretty good, as in recent condition), 4.11 gears with manual tranny.... pretty decent rock rails, about 3" ~ 3.5" up front and close to 6" in the rear (it will probably settle though a bit more by the time I arrive with the trailer in Moab).

So.... could I make it? Is it really worth it ? (from the pics it looks like it is) anything I should look into doing before going? (lifting front is not really an option as I got no $$ for redoing front end :( )

Thanks,
Kejtar

A stock XJ can drive Hell's Revenge. You'll have no problem at all, just stay between the painted lines. ;)

Jes

It's not really all that bad. For the gnarly areas, there are by-passes you can take if you choose. There's some "white'knuckle" areas riding along ridges, drop off's and off camber stuff; but stay on the trail and you'll be fine. My friend did it in a stock Up Country a couple years back and pulled through unscathed, except for a change of shorts in some areas ;)

Ivan

I've had the 2000 xj through there no problem, just didn't try the "escalator" or whatever who ever decides to call it.

*CAKE*

Kejtar,

I do believe it's a cardinal sin in the 'wheeler's bible to NOT run Hell's Revenge! You simply have to, it's the marquis of Moab and worth every penny of the price of admission! There's no reason a stock XJ couldn't make it from start to finish on that trail as long as entrance area isn't swamped with water, that little valley can get pretty deep. Other than that, the trail is as easy as following the painted little "flame" markers on the rock surface. On some of the steep and off camber areas, there's painted lines to help you line up your rig so you don't take the really wrong line. There are some spots that will definitely give a newbie 'wheeler a case of the white knuckles and there are bypasses to all the big obstaces like Hell's Gate, The Hot Tubs, Escalator and Tip Over Challenge (as stated previously), but that's the reason we do this stuff right?

Go and enjoy!

Troy

sidriptide, what day are you coming out? There was some talk of running Hells Revenge on Monday :) and I'm hoping to go with that group :)

Kejtar

it depends on how fast XJguy and myself can cover 2300 miles.... leaving friday nite and will roll in sometime monday... i would love to run that monday but i dont think i'll be there in the AM... i will most likely sign up for it later in the week... i dont think i'l want to sit at the wheel at all monday after i get there anyways...
mike

Back