• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need window HELP!

Since I bought my 2000 XJ, the passenger window would slowly go up and down when I engaged the electric window switch. Today, when driving down a gravel road, I raised the window to the up position. After a few moments of being fully up, it fell ½ way down. My buddy tried to pull it back up, but it fell even further. He accidentally bumped the window and it fell all the way to the bottom. I can hear the power motor when I use it, but obviously the glass doesn’t go up or down. What will I need to fix this window problem? I assume that due to the slooooooowwwwww upward and downward motion prior to the incident, the window had a broken or warn part? Any help would be appreciated.

You can replace the entire regulator for not much more than that online.

Since your window was going up and down slow to begin with I'd guess the motor was going as well...

If I were you I'd replace the entire regulator.

Here's the drivers side. The same seller offers the passenger side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-Jeep-...ts=Model:Cherokee&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c8b62ef8

Thanks Lowrange, I didn't realize that the slow upward and downward window was a sign of a motor going bad. I just assumed it was all linked to bad window regulator parts. I went ahead and ordered the motor/regulator for the passenger side from the seller in the link that you posted. I wonder if I should just buy the regulator kit or the whole motor/regulator kit from Steiger for the drivers side? Thoughts?

I had the new window motor and regulator installed today. It’s nice to have the window in good working order. As a matter of fact, I’m very tempted to order one for the driver’s side.

Back