• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project big green juggy

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
I really wanna get back to wheeling something more practical for camping and weekend adventure wheeling so im putting big green up for sale. Its an 87 jeep cherokee with a renix 4.0, aw4, and a 242. Mileage is unknown as the motor was replaced before i bought the jeep and the gauge cluster has also been swapped, but supposedly the body has around 240xxx and the motor has around 160xxx. I would believe this because the jeep doesnt smoke or burn any oil and feels like it has plenty of power. I recently replaced the rear main seal so the jeep is mostly drip free at this point lol. It runs and drives perfect, it really only has two problems. First off is the rear brakes: the 8.8 disc brakes are very weak with the stock mc so the mc should be upgraded to get more stopping power out of the rear brakes. And second is the fact that it has a broken short side inner axle shaft. They are on back order from superior and have been for the last 4 months, and now that i bought a new jeep i dont have money for axle shafts. heres a parts list of whats on the jeep.

somewhere between 5-6" of lift with acos's adjusted to their smallest setting
front axle is a wagoneer 6 lug low pinion with 4.88 gears and a mini spool(geared by frank z) with brand new calipers and pads.
double shear trackbar and bracket from ironrock offroad.
Frank Z 1-ton over the knuckle steering.
Brand new warn premium lockout hubs.
Stainless braided brakelines.
Ironrock offroad 3 link longarm kit, with modified upper link to get rid of the wimpy adjuster that ironrock uses.
Ironrock offroad hack n tap sye kit
rear axle is a disc brake ford 8.8 with newer brakes on it, solid diff cover, 4.88 gears, wheel adapters to make it 6x5.5 to match the front, and factory limited slip
The whole cage, half doors, boatsides, and sheet metal work were done by myself and matt at rockware (Im a certified icar welder, icar is to collison work what ase is to mechanics) There is a brand new front windshield in the jeep, all the gauges/heat/defrost/vents and lights work, there is 1 neoprene seat cover on the drivers seat but the seats do match and are nice under the cover. The header panel was narrrowed about 7" and the winch is set back into the grille for better approach angles.
The wheels are diy 32 bolt 15" beadlocks that i bought and rebuilt so they dont leak air. One tire will go flat in about 2 weeks, but the other 3 only lost about 3 psi each over the last 3 months. The tires are grooved super swamper ssx 38.5x13.5x15x but they are worn down to 37" tall, they are worn but still drive good and have a few more years of wheeling left in them.
The winch is a smittybilt 8000lb
The jeep has m.o.r.e bombproof motormounts, ss braided brake lines, and a custom snorkel/intake that runs into the wiper cowl with a k&n cone filter.

Untitled by proracedriver616, on Flickr

Everything i did on this jeep i took my time on and did really nice, im just starting to lose motivation and finding i dont have a lot of extra money now a days to keep putting into this jeep. All this jeep needs to be wheelable is an axleshaft, which is nearly impossible to find a stock one. I would like to get $2300 out of it the way it sits but i am open to offers since its still an ongoing project that needs little things here and there finished up on it, i will continue working on it finishing these things up while i am slow at work and have free time. Feel free to pm me with any questions or offers, I might be willing to work out a deal if someone wants the jeep without the axles because i could use them in my other jeep and then you could throw some 60's under it and have an unstoppable buggy. Heres a link to the build thread if you havent seen it http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1075193

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats man, I hope you didn't take a penny less than your asking price for it.

Totally. Someone got a great deal on a nice rig.

Wish it would have been me!!

X2. SCREAMIN' good deal. I know it musta been difficult to let it go...... It was hard for me to let Truggy go back to Led, but i knew he'd continue what he started.

That rig is gonna be bitchin' with a rear coil conversion and some finishing.

Glad it worked out for ya. Looking forward to the build of your Classic! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back