• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To build or not to build

sprint395

NAXJA Forum User
I find myself owning yet another jeep. This one is a 1993 XJ 4.0L 5Speed np231. This thread may end up being a build thread if I decide its worth fixing. I am looking for advise on whether or not to scrap it or build it up. I have a 1995 ZJ that I am very attached to and I know that the HP30 and all of the parts would look great on it. I know you guys love pics so here we go.

It has a Rough country lift with bastard pack out back.
IMG_20120225_100548.jpg

Looks like a HP30 in the front. (No swaybars)
IMG_20120225_100653.jpg

Has the Wonderful Rice Burner muffler. (boooo)
IMG_20120225_100722.jpg

The front end is trashed and 1 Fender is Trimmed.
IMG_20120218_162433.jpg

Interior is not much better.
IMG_20120225_100817.jpg

List of current Problems:

1. Rear End is Welded. (not Really a problem but annoying)
2. Body Work everywhere.
3. Chain on TC needs replaced.
4. Front steering setup needs some attention.
5. Floors are pretty bad. (pics coming)
6. Needs new header panel and turnsignals/Markers.
7. Exhaust.
8. Motor will need tuneup/fluids.

Well Tell me what you think.

Id take the tranny wiyh all compenents and then you can scrap it. I hope you didnt pay more than $500.00 for that thing.

I have about $350 invested in it. I figured the front axle, tires, transmission, and rough country lift are worth that. I would love to put the axle and lift kit parts on my ZJ and maybe even swap the ax15 in there. I guess these will be questions for another forum. I just hate to put a running and driving XJ down.

as long as the frame rails are good and not rotted out...i see a fun project from this...body panels are easy to come by....i think its got potential and for only 350 bucks if you choose to scrap it do what you mentioned and swap the parts to your zj it would be a sweet conversion...

depending on the condition of your zj why not turn this into a trail rig and keep the zj as a dd?

Fix the small stuff up and get it ready for wheeling so you dont have to worry about body damage and breaking stuff so much since your attached to your zj more.

I would also turn it into a trail rig. Have fun with it beat it till the unibody gives and then sell off and parts left in one peace.

Back