• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with finding wheel spacer/adapter

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
I got my XJ inspected today, and like always, I swapped my stock tires on in place of my 35s so I could pass. When I got back home to take swap them back, one of the lugs sheered off. The dang technician must have cross threaded the lug nut when putting the rear tire back on.

My dana 44 rear axle is from a IH Scout II with the 5x5.5 lug pattern (I believe) and I have a 1" wheel spacer/adapter that allows me to run the stock pattern on the rear axle. The lug that sheered is on the wheel spacer/adapter, so luckily I can just replace that and be good to go.

Does anyone know of any vendors that sell individual wheel spacers/adapters? I certainly don't need two.

Why not just put a new stud in? It screw up the spacer?

I didn't realize that you can simply replace the stud. I'll have to take off the spacer and see if this can be done. If it is removable, where do you recommend getting a replacement stud?

You can get a replacement stud at most decent parts stores. Knock the broken one out to get the knurl size, you would need to know thread size and stud length to get the right one. It might be nice to knock one of the good ones out and match it at the store.

Great tips. Thanks!

Back