• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4-AX15 swap reverse light issues

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
did a AW4 to AX15 swap in my 95 xj, and cant get the reverse lights to work, can to just hard wire it? dosnt the wire that goes the the trans just go to a switch? like couldnt i just run the positive for the lights through that and to a 12v source and the ground the lights?

You could hard wire it but you might want to check the 7.5 A fuse marked TRANS in the fuse box by your left knee. Or swap out the switch.

According to the 95 FSM, the manual back up light switch uses the same wires as the back up light portion of the NSS, so if you have broken into that harness and run that circuit through the new switch, I'd expect either a problem with the switch or the fuse rather than with your wiring job.

Power comes from fuse 11 in the PDC, via a dark blue and white wire, through the switch, to the backup light line, which is brown/light green.

If there is a harness problem that goes very deep, though, you might do better just to find another source of 12 volts and run it through your switch.

I say this because the wiring diagram is not always entirely informative, and my experience with the harness on my 95 was that wires often go in one end and seem not to come out the other, and you can spend days trying to troubleshoot when it's a matter of minutes to say, **** it, let's roll our own.

its the switch itself that is junk, not gonna bother with it anymore as its a trailer queen, thanks guys

Back